Local help for Parents of Special Needs

Parent to Parent of NYS, from the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) provides support (matching you with a parent who’s “been there”, information and referral (locate and pay for services, equipment, or transportation), and training, (which is too detailed to get into here).  Click here to learn more, or call the Hudson Valley center, in Valhalla at 914-493-2635.

Hudson Valley Special Education Parent Center from Westchester Institute for Human Development provides free consultation, training, and resources for parents with questions about their child’s special education, transition to adulthood, problem solving of disputes, legal help., referrals, and community-based support service providers. Call 914-493-7665.





Author: Michelle Harvey

Michelle spent many years as special librarian- serving the business community. She is the mother of three, all of whom have very different learning styles, and has been homeschooling since 2010. During that time, she has overseen the raising of chickens, keeping bees, and loving a Sheltland Sheepdog.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s