You wake up one winter morning to find it’s pouring snow. Do you:
- Look out the window, groan, and pull your blanket over your head.
- Leap joyfully out of bed and throw on your winter gear. You can’t wait to play in all that lovely, fluffy white stuff!
- Wish you’d set your alarm for a half hour earlier. It takes you forever to shovel out your car.
- Immediately check the school closings.
- Something else, which I’ll explain in the comments.
As my colleagues mentioned, winter is an opportunity! It’s a chance to enjoy activities that you don’t get to do at any other time of year. And we’ve got resources to help you do exactly that. Here are a few of them.
2. If you’d rather not brave the elements, why not cuddle up with a mystery? Here are a couple of titles with snowy and icy settings. Reading them may make you feel warm by comparison!
3. Winter’s also a great time for cooking and baking! Explore our cookbook section to get some ideas.
4. We’ve also got books on knitting, crocheting, woodworking, and other handicrafts.
5. And we’ve got movies! Lots of movies, including some of the latest hits.
6. What if the weather’s so bad you can’t visit the library? Then let the library come to you! We have lots of resources at our website, including online magazines, e-books, audiobooks, streaming video, and more. Visit us here to do some wintertime exploring.