Yes, it’s true! The North Castle Public Library now has one of these:
Actually, we’ve got two! My colleague, Gabrielle Madera, has been running a 3-D printing class in the teen room for awhile now. Patrons in 3rd grade and up have come in to create their own three dimensional toys and other objects. Now you can print from home! Here’s how:
- Email us your file. Please send it to email@example.com
- In your email, include these things:
a. Your first and last name
b. Details about your project. For example, whether you want it actual size or scaled, and how many copies you want.
c. The project file, as an attachment. Your attachment type has to be either .stl or .g. You may also send us a link.
- After you send us your email, we’ll email you a confirmation.
- The confirmation will include a price to accept. Once you accept the price, your job will be added to the queue.
- We’ll email you again when your job is ready to be picked up. Unfortunately, we can’t give you a firm pick-up date in advance.
You can find more information about 3-D printing at the library at this link.If you have any questions or comments, please do email or call us. For questions about the 3-D printing class, please contact the children’s room.